Obstetrics & Gynaecology
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides comprehensive services to women in the treatment and management of gynaecologic and obstetric conditions – from routine care to complex high-risk situations. We treat variety of problems of female reproductive organs and utilize minimally invasive laparoscopic surgeries and laser surgeries. Our maternity services manage and care for women during pregnancy, childbirth and postnatal periods. The department is fully equipped with state-of-the-art Maternity Unit, which has built-in labour OT, labour rooms and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We also provide breast feeding counselling, as well as antenatal counselling sessions.
CONSULTATION & APPOINTMENT
Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, our Consultants discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Our medical experts assist patients with routine care such as annual Gynaecology exams and prenatal care, as well as more complex issues such as treatment for abnormal pap smears, menstrual disorders, and benign (non-cancerous) tumors or cysts. Our doctors employ minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques to perform Gynaecologic surgeries like laparoscopy vaginal hysterectomy, assisted total laparoscopic hysterectomy & myomectomy, laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, hysteroscopic removal of benign tumours, etc.
OBSTETRIC OR MATERNITY CARE
Our team works to meet all your needs and preferences from early pregnancy through childbirth and postnatal periods. For patients with pre-existing conditions or who develop complications, our specialists formulate special treatment plan for your care. Our services include:
Routine Check-up & Ultrasound
We provide routine consultations and check-ups throughout pregnancy by our faculty of top-notch obstetricians. Our ultrasound services include:
- Comprehensive evaluation of fetal anatomy
- Fetal biophysical testing
- Documentation of normal pregnancy
- Gynaecological evaluations, including hysterosonograms
- Pulse and Color Doppler
Childbirth: Maternity Unit
Our state-of-the-art Maternity Unit is fully equipped to meet all needs of our patients during labour and delivery. The unit includes ultra modern labour OT, delivery rooms and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We have highly specialized medical staff providing 24-hour care for mother and child.
Our modern Maternity Unit features:
- Exclusive delivery rooms specially designed to create a comfortable setting during labour, delivery and time with the new born
- Continuous electronic monitoring of mother and baby throughout labour and delivery (cardiotocograph & ultrasound)
- Fully equipped operation theatre (OT) with all modern technology on-site where emergency caesarean section can be arranged within 30 minutes
- Painless delivery by epidural analgesia
- 24-hour anaesthesia support from Department of Anaesthesiain case of emergencies.
- On-site blood bank operating round-the-clock
- A neonatologist present at the time of birth to provide initial care for the newborn for a healthy start
- Special recovery rooms to support the new mother with one-to-one care and assistance in making breast feeding a successful experience
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (under Department of Neonatology) for special medical care of premature babies with complex health problems like pre-maturity, low birth weight, jaundice, and conditions requiring surgery immediately after birth. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit has special features including:
- Blue and yellow light phototherapy for jaundice affected infants
- Open and closed incubators for premature babies
- Hyaline membrane factor therapy for managing underdeveloped lung functioning in premature babies
- Specially trained neonatal nurses working round-the-clock to support newborn baby
- Experienced neonatologist available 24 hours for any special needs
Free UHID for Newborns
All patients need to go through a one time registration to avail services at Evercare Hospital Chattogram. This one time registration serves the patient lifelong and gives a unique patient ID number called UHID (Unique Hospital Identification) in the form of cards. For details, please go to our Patient Registration & UHID page.
Babies born under Evercare Hospital Chatttogram receive UHID cards without any charge. Temporary registration is first provided, which is later replaced by permanent registration. The hospital also provides hardcopies of the registration to parents of the newborn.
IMPORTANT POINTS ABOUT TESTS/PROCEDURES/SURGERIES, YOUR REPORTS & BILLING ENQUIRIES
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in level-1, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 9.00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Corporate Desk, OPD, Level-3).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- Procedures & Surgeries:
- If you are interested in undergoing a procedure or surgery, please see our relevant Consultant first.
- To search for a Consultant, go to Find a Consultant page and for appointments, go to Make an Appointment
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (Corporate Desk, OPD, level 3) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1030
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)