Areas of expertise
• He completed his MBBS from Chattogram Medical College, followed by MS in Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery from National Institute for Cardiovascular Diseases (NICD), Chattogram.
• Before joining Evercare Hospital Chattogram, he was working in Impulse Hospital Ltd. Chattogram as Senior Consultant - Cardiac Surgeon.
• He worked as an advisor in establishing the department of cardiac surgery at United Hospital, Bangladesh Specialized Hospital and Impulse Hospital while he was serving in these hospitals.
• He independently worked as a Consultant cardiac surgeon in the BSHL and Metropolitan Medical Center at Mohakhali, and performed several cases of Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery and Atrial Septal Defect, Mitral Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgeries, and congenital surgeries like ASD, VSD and PDA.
• His fields of interest include Redo Cardiac Surgery, Mitral Valve Repair Surgery and Cardiac Transplant Surgery.
• Dr. Asif Ahmed Bin Moin attended the “6th Intensive Mitral Valve Repair Course” with hands-on training conducted by Dr. Taweesak Chotivatanapong of Chest Disease Institute, Bangkok, Thailand.