The Department of Paediatrics of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides comprehensive healthcare services for children and adolescents below the age of 15. We offer a multidisciplinary approach to care, primarily provided by our expert paediatric specialists, as well as a multi-specialty team of clinicians and surgeons. Our specialists have advanced training and vast experience in virtually every sub-discipline of paediatric medicine. Our paediatric services provide family centred care that is consistent, supportive and nurturing which meets the physical, emotional and psychosocial needs of our patients. We provide state-of-the-art paediatric care in the form of open communication, emotional support and education to all of our patients as well to their families. Our goal is to maintain an environment conducive to healing that is reflective of trust, honesty and respect to our patients, their families and our staff.
Department of Paediatrics provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing patient’s condition, they discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective one. Our children patients are dealt very delicately and with compassion, keeping in mind the emotion and feelings of the parents and family. Our OPD waiting area has a friendly environment for children, with a built-in children’s playground where they can play.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s Level-3, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Main Billing Counter – level -2).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summary is provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- In-patient Reports
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Executives:
|Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1030
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)