Department of Neurology of Evercare Hospital Chattogram provides comprehensive consultative services, diagnostic testing and treatment for a broad spectrum of neurological conditions, including diseases of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. Evercare Hospital Chattogram is the only hospital in the country to be providing advanced and comprehensive Neurology & Neurosurgery facilities under one roof. The Neurology Department has experienced American Board Certified Neurologist and also the only qualified epilepsy specialist of the country. The department uses the latest technology and facilities, and is staffed by an experienced team of neurologists, nurses and technologists, who are committed to patient care.
Neurology Department offers management of a variety of neurological conditions in both adults and children; the most common include:
- Different types of stroke
- Epilepsy, seizures and other types of unconsciousness
- Headaches of different types
- Brain infections like meningitis, encephalities, etc.
- Paralysis of different kinds
- Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders
- Cerebral palsy and other developmental disorders of children
- Behavioural disorders
- Degenerative brain diseases
- Memory problems/ dementia
- Neck, back, lower back, arm & leg pains and tingling
- Cervical, lumbro-sacral spondysosis
- Some types of brain tumours
- Other neurological diseases
The department provides consultation services in level-2 (OPD) through highly qualified and experienced Neurology Consultants, who carefully evaluate each patient. After diagnosing the patient’s condition, they discuss available treatment options and recommend the most effective treatment.
Consultants in the Department of Neurology:
- Biofeedback Therapy
Our team of neurologists, psychiatrists, psychologists, sleep medicine specialists, gastroenterologists and pain medicine specialists will utilize several physical and mental exercises to help control patient’s chronic pain and teach a series of exercises that the patient can do at home.
Neuroradiologists perform x-rays of the skull for evaluating the fractures of the bones of the skull and detecting other conditions of the skull and brain.
| Make Appointment for X-ray: Call Radiology Reception at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2030| |
- CT Scan and CT Angiogram (CTA)
Radiologists use the most advanced CT technology (64 slice CT scanner) to obtain the greatest possible visual detail of the patient’s brain.
|Make Appointment for CT Scan/CTA: Call Radiology Reception at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2030| |
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI ) & Magnetic Resonance Angiogram (MRA)
Evercare Hospital Chattogram offers advanced high-field MRI technology (1.5 tesla) that utilizes powerful magnetic fields and radiofrequencies to help us make accurate diagnoses of neurological disorders.
| Make Appointment for MRI/MRA: Call Radiology Reception at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2030| |
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
An electroencephalogram (EEG) at Evercare Hospital Chattogram is one of many diagnostic procedures performed to measure electrical brain activity.
| Make Appointment for EMG/NCS: Call Neurology Reception at at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2033| |
- Electromyography (EMG)& Nerve Conduction Study (NCS)
Electromyography (EMG) involves testing the electrical activity of muscles, while Nerve Conduction Study (NCS) measures the conducting function of nerves.
| Make Appointment for EMG/NCS: Call Neurology Reception at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2032| |
- Evoked Potentials Studies
Evercare neurologists have specialized expertise in using evoked potentials studies (first in Bangladesh) to assist in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis and other neurological disorders. The hospital offers visual, auditory and brainstem Evoked Potentials Studies.
| Make Appointment for Evoked Potentials Studies: Call Neurology Reception at +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 2001| |
- Lumbar Puncture (Spinal Tap)
Neurologists at Evercare Hospital Chattogram are experienced in using lumbar puncture (also known as a “spinal tap”) in developing an accurate diagnosis for neurological conditions.
- Muscle Biopsy & Histopathology Service
Histopathologists of Lab Medicine Department use variety of procedures to diagnose muscular dystrophy, myasthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neuromuscular conditions, including a muscle biopsy.
All imaging reports are evaluated by qualified and experienced neuro-radiologists. Neurophysiology studies are conducted and supervised by trained and experienced neuro-physiologist, and reported by qualified neurologist and clinical neuro-physiologist.
Note: Interventional procedures and neurosurgeries are handled by Department of Neurosurgery.
- To schedule a test/investigation, please call the relevant OPD front desks.
- Your lab investigation samples are to be deposited in the Sample Collection Room located in the hospital’s atrium, which is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 7.00 am to 8:00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 7.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Your investigation reports can be collected from Report Delivery Room by showing the receipt of payment. The hospital shall not be responsible for reports not collected within 30 days after the tests were done. Report Delivery Room is also located in the hospital’s atrium, and is open on working days (Saturday-Thursday) from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm, and on Fridays and holidays from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- You will not be able to collect your investigation reports without your receipt of payment. If you have lost your receipt, you may collect a duplicate copy from our Billing Executives (Main Billing Counter – level -2).
- You can request duplicate copy of your investigation reports from the Report Delivery Room, inclusive of BDT 100 additional charge.
- In-patient Reports
- A Discharge Summaryis provided to a patient upon his/her discharge from the hospital. A discharge summary is a summary of the events during hospitalization of the patient. It outlines the patient’s chief complaint, the diagnostic findings, the therapy administered and the patient’s response to it, and recommendations on discharge.
- To request for detailed in-patient medical reports or to make an insurance claim, refer to our Medical Report page.
- In-patient Reports
- For queries on charges, contact our Billing Department (IP Billing – level 1) or call/e-mail our Billing Concern:
|Md. Rashadul Islam
Deputy Manager – Billing
Phone : +88-0241380350-61 Ext- 1030
(From 9 am to 5 pm –Except Holidays)